Friday’s Featured Cocktail – Sparkling Cranberry Blush
Here is a terrific cocktail to serve this Thanksgiving. The Sparkling Cranberry Blush combines lemon with cranberry, which makes a refreshing flavor teaser for the meal ahead. The addition of Champagne gives this punch its special, sparkling holiday touch. When hosting a bunch or trying to put out a meal like Thanksgiving, punch is perfect. It looks festive and pretty, plus guests can help themselves (saves you the time of mixing cocktails one by one). You’ll be busying with the finishing touches on dinner and if not, you’ll be able to join your guests as they enjoy some Thanksgiving Cheer!
Dawn’s Note: This cocktail calls for champagne flutes not the traditional punch cups, so I recommend serving it from a pitcher not a punch bowl. Set the pitcher out on a pretty tray and let guests help themselves.
Sparkling Cranberry Blush
Yield: 6 quarts (serving size: 3/4 cup)
* 3 cups cold water
* 2 (48-ounce) bottles cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
* 2 (6-ounce) cans thawed lemonade concentrate, undiluted
* 2 (750-milliliter) bottles brut champagne, chilled
* Combine the first 3 ingredients in a punch bowl, and stir well.
* Add chilled champagne, and stir gently.
* Serve immediately.