1 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half
1 (14.25 ounce) can refried beans
8 ounces corn tortilla chips 1 1/2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese or mixed mexican variety
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
2. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a paper towel, and place in a microwave oven. Cook on high power until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool, and use a knife to shred the chicken. Set aside.
3. Place the refried beans in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until thoroughly heated.
4. Layer half the chips, 1/2 cup cheese, and green onions on the bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon the refried beans over the chip mixture. Sprinkle with another 1/2 cup cheese, and spread with the sour cream. Arrange the shredded chicken over the sour cream layer. Top with the remaining chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts throughout, 15 to 18 minutes.
Addition: sliced jalapenos, sliced olvies, shredded lettuce, salsa