}

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{No Bake Granola Bars}

I wanted to share this recipe I have used and its great, all ingredients are or natural origin and no-bake

No-Bake Granola Bars
Try this recipe for No-Bake Granola Bars from a recent issue of Southern Living magazine. Recipe submitted by Carol C. in San Antonio, TX.  No-Bake Granola Bars
  • 2 1/2 c crisp rice cereal
  • 2 c uncooked quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 c raisins
  • 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c light corn syrup
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 c milk chocolate morsels
Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl; set aside. Bring brown sugar and syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended.

Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until coated; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in chocolate morsels. Press mixture firmly into a 13x9-inch pan; cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

I put these into individual snack bags, ready to pop into a lunch or purse.  I grab one when I'm going to run errands so that I dont have to stop and eat out.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and following I appreciate it, and leave your link so that I can follow you, Thanks xoxo